Coconut Hot Oil Treatment


These are the some of the benefits of Coconut Oil on hair:
1. Coconut Oil stimulates hair growth, as it is able to penetrate the follicles unlike many natural oils.
2. Promotes health of the scalp, fighting against such problems like dandruff. 
3. Coconut Oil moisturises dry hair. 
4. Adds luster, shine and softness to the hair
5. Prevents hair breakage and split ends. 
6. Slows down hair loss. 


I have recently discovered an incredible treatment, which is called a Hot Oil Treatment. There are many different ways to do a Hot Oil Treatment, for example, different oils mixed together and so on which you can look up on Google and YouTube.  However my friend told me about coconut oil, which is meant to be good for hair growth (I will be putting what I think of coconut oil in my product review in seven weeks time for hair growth and overall condition after using it for a little longer), however, I have been using this treatment for a little while and I personally believe it's a really good, natural hair treatment, not only dry hair, but all hair conditions. I would recommend getting "Pure Coconut Oil" as it is 100% Coconut Oil with nothing added, as I love 100% natural things to condition my hair. I would also recommend this product as it's not too expensive. My hair personally is not in bad condition, but I can tell it helps the strength of my hair, even by the short period of time I've been using this product (I will be able to give a more accurate review in seven weeks time, however, I wanted to share this treatment with you all ASAP! and how I recommend you do it.)

How I do a Hot Oil Treatment
Everyone does Hot Oil Treatments differently, as some leave the oil on their hair for an hour or two, while some others leave them on for days! It all depends on your hair type. I personally wanted to take full advantage of this product, so I use it once a week on a "day-old" hair. I put Coconut Oil on as early as possible, so it could be 3PM or if I've been out 8PM/9PM and I leave it on all night and wash and deep condition in the morning. I would say if your hair is thick, you might need to shampoo your hair twice, as you want to make sure the oil is completely out of your hair. 
Firstly, depending on how long your hair is and if you want your hair completely covered in Coconut Oil or massage the Coconut Oil at the roots and comb through, you will need to use different amounts. I personally do both, one week I cover my hair in Coconut Oil from root to my ends and the next week I massage it into roots and comb the oil through my hair.
1. Heat up the oil in boiling water, you can heat up the whole bottle (which is what I do so I don't have to pour the Coconut Oil into another bottle), or you can use a Spray Bottle or something similar where you'll be able to directly apply it to your roots (which you can purchase for cheap on eBay). 
2. I pour little amounts of Coconut Oil on my hands and massage my scalp first, making sure the oil is on every part of my scalp. 
3. If I am covering my hair in Coconut Oil, I keep applying little amounts of oil onto my hands and massage it into my hair thoroughly to my ends (taking my time while doing it).
4. I then lightly put my hair into a bun (with my ends inside of the bun, making sure it can have the maximum amount of oil).
5. I cover my hair with a hair net/cover to try and hold that little bit of extra heat. After that, heat my hair with my hairdryer to keep it warm for a little longer.
6. Then leave it on, wash it off in the morning and feel how beautiful your hair feels!

I do highly recommend doing this treatment for general hair treatments which will make your hair soft, shiny and stronger. I hope this has helped, or given you suggestions! If you could give me suggestions on what else I could do, I would hugely appreciate it.

LAC



No comments:

Post a Comment