Hair Growth and Product Review Update

So this post is all about the progress with the products I am using for hair growth, in my previous post called 'Hair Growth and Hair Products'. I have been keeping my hair as natural as possible, no heat and just embracing my natural curls and waves I guess. All you girls should do it! Just to give your hair a break from all the products and heat and allow it to just breath, plus, it is such a nice feeling to be natural (so I think anyways!), plus it cuts down time to get ready! I am currently on my third week of using these specific products (as I have also added a few) which are:
  1.  Lee Stafford's treatment "for hair that never grows past a certain length" 
  2. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Colour Deep Treatment
  3. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Luscious Long Deep Treatment
  4. Coconut Oil
  5. Castor Oil
I have also changed my diet to being more healthy, so more balanced instead of junk food! I am currently clean eating and detoxing, which is really refreshing. I have been told that effects hair growth and condition, and if I am honest, I do believe that.


So, this photo was taken on the 26th April 2013:

This was only three days after I wrote 'Hair Growth and Hair Products', so this is where my hair was around about two/three weeks ago.

This photo was taken on the 8th May 2013:

Personally, I am really pleased at the rate it is growing, as before it was growing, but not at the speed I necessarily want it to, so I have been trying to help it along in any way I can. I am excited to see what my hair will be like in my final update, which I will be doing on the 16th June 2013!

I thought I would quickly share a my new oils that I am using with you!

Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil is pretty much a gods send for damaged and broken hair, however, if your hair is in good condition, this is still relevant to you. I have been using Coconut Oil as a Hot Oil Treatment once a week on my hair and leaving it in for as long as I want to (could be a couple of hours, over night or a day long). Yes it makes your hair greasy (if you have the same hair type as I do), but if you put it up into a bun and you have nothing else to do what have you got to lose, as I have had exams recently, so all I have been doing is revising in my apartment! Coconut Oil, I have noticed, is really good for strengthening your hair and preventing breakage, which is especially good if you are like me and wanting to grow your hair as healthy as possible. I have done a post on Coconut Oil specifically to Hot Oil Treatments and how I personally do it, so if you want more information on that, check it out. However, some benefits of Coconut Oil include: 
  1. Coconut Oil stimulates hair growth, as it is able to penetrate the follicles unlike many natural oils.
  2. Promotes health of the scalp, fighting against such problems like dandruff. 
  3.  Coconut Oil moisturises dry hair. 
  4.  Adds luster, shine and softness to the hair
  5.  Prevents hair breakage and split ends. 
  6.  Slows down hair loss. 
Therefore this oil is good for a general treatment just to make your hair keep in good condition! I will give a more specific review of advantages and disadvantages in June when I have used it more. Although, the results I have had already are really good, so I definitely recommend 100% Pure Coconut Oil.

Castor Oil
I did my research for a while with Castor Oil, and the results I saw on Google and YouTube where amazing for hair growth and thickness of hair. Here are some other benefits of Castor Oil, which I got from this website which has a lot more information on: (http://www.livestrong.com/article/300875-castor-oil-effects-on-hair-growth/):
  1. Prevents Hair Loss
  2. Moisturises Scalp
  3. Controls Split Ends
  4. Improves Circulation 
This oil is a really thick oil, so I don't use a lot on my hair at all so it does not create build up on my scalp. However, I do also massage this oil into my scalp about once a week, sometimes I mix it with my  Coconut Oil Hot Oil Treatments (only a little bit though, as you do not need a lot). I have noticed it does similar advantages for hair as Coconut Oil does, such as strengthening hair and preventing breakage, however, for my hair type, it does other wonders! I noticed my hair was extra soft, shiny and generally better when I have been using this oil. I probably prefer this oil to Coconut Oil, although, I will always still use Coconut Oil and these oils compliment each other well when mixed together for Hot Oil Treatments and so on. I had some trouble finding Castor Oil, as Tesco and other supermarkets do not sell it, but eBay sells it for cheap and stores like Holland and Barrett (which is where I got mine from). 
Again, I will do a more in-depth review in June for you all, however, I thought I would share this with you all now and blog my progress with my hair growth.

If you have any comments, advice, suggestions or questions, please don't hesitate to comment!

LAC




No comments:

Post a Comment